If you’ve lost a pet, don’t give up too quickly! Taking the following steps can help make the difference in finding your missing loved one.
- Contact all area shelters and file a lost report. Visit area shelters often to see if your pet has been found.
- Check found ads in local newspapers and run a lost ad for your pet.
- Contact veterinary clinics in your area and provide them with a lost pet report.
- Canvass your neighborhood and post signs in the area for your lost pet. Don’t provide your address on these notices, just a phone number.
- Check craigslist.com and other online sources as many people will post found pet ads online.
- Contact your veterinarian and ask them to post a lost pet flyer and to alert you if someone brings your pet to their clinic.
- Don’t give up. Lost pets have been reunited with their owners months after being lost!