Adopter - please complete all of the fields below, then click Submit form.
1. I will provide proper and sufficient food, water, shelter, veterinary care and kind treatment for my pet at all times.
2. I will have my pet evaluated by a veterinarian within 7 days from the date I take the animal home. I agree to be solely responsible for the health of my new pet and any expenses incurred for care. Osceola County Animal Services will not be responsible for reimbursement for or payment of any medical bills.
3. Any pets currently in the home are up to date with all vaccinations to help minimize the likelihood that the new pet could expose existing pets to illness. Osceola County Animal Services will not be responsible for any medical treatments if a pet at home becomes ill.
4. All adopted animals will be spayed / neutered in accordance with State Law.
5. I will not sell or abandon the animal.
6. It is my responsibility to know and abide by all Osceola County Codes and State laws pertaining to my animals. Please request a copy if you do not know the Codes.
7. I will not permit my pet to run at large or to become a public nuisance. I will keep identification on my pet at all times. In the event the animal becomes lost, I will make every reasonable effort to locate and claim the animal including filing a lost pet report with Osceola County Animal Services.
8. Osceola County Animal Services will not knowingly adopt aggressive animals. However, we can make no claims or assertions regarding future behavior or temperaments of animals that are adopted or otherwise released from OCAS.
9. I understand that adopting and owning an animal involves inherent risk of bodily injury to me and others and / or property damage. By adopting this animal, I am aware that an animal’s behavior can be unpredictable, and I hereby assume all risks associated with animal ownership.
10. I understand that the information provided to me about the animal that I am adopting may have been received from third parties and that OCAS does not warrant the accuracy or correctness of such information.
11. I will be committed to my new pet and understand that it may take weeks or months for my pet to adjust to its new home. I am willing to seek additional training if needed.
12. I have checked with my landlord or property owner before adopting any animal and I understand that no refund will be given if my landlord does not allow me to keep the animal.
Stray hold statement
Please be advised that although you have completed the adoption process, the pet may still be reclaimed by its owner any time prior to leaving with you. The animal will not legally become yours until you have left the premises with your new pet. If the owner does reclaim you may select another pet or request a refund, assuming a fee was paid.
Adoption medical statement
Please be advised that although we take steps to ensure the health of adopted pets, we cannot guarantee it. There are many variables that impact health, many of which we cannot control. Consequently, as the new pet owner, you are required to take your new pet to a veterinarian within seven days of adoption; sooner if the animal shows signs of illness. Please do not wait to seek veterinary care for your pet if he/she shows signs of illness.
By signing below you are acknowledging that you understand that Osceola County and Osceola County Animal Services cannot guarantee the good health of any adopted pet and are not responsible for paying for reimbursing any veterinary bills you incur with your newly adopted pet or pets already in your home.
Release of liability
I agree to release and hold harmless from any and all liability, direct or indirect, Osceola County, its employees, volunteers, agents, Commissioners, and representatives as a result of any harm, damage to person or property, including death, this animal may cause.
Stipulated agreement: spay/neuter
Please be advised that due to the unusual circumstances brought about as a result of COVID-19, we are not spaying/neutering all animals prior to leaving the shelter after adoption. Due to the need to conserve surgical supplies and equipment, both on the human and animal side, spay/neuter surgery is not considered an emergency function.
Consequently, you are bound by this agreement to return the animal mentioned above in 60 days or not later than
the date noted below for spay/neuter of this pet.
An appointment must be made in advance by calling 407-742-8000 and advising the receptionist that you need to schedule spay/neuter of a pet that was adopted from us. Please keep track of your adoption paperwork as we use the Animal ID number to track information.
In lieu of bringing the pet back to us for spay/neuter, you have the option of having it done by your veterinarian, at your expense, and there will be no refund from us. In this case, you will need to provide proof of spay/neuter within the 60 day time frame. Proof of surgery must be on a veterinary letterhead and signed by the veterinarian along with a complete description of the pet and its ID number.
If you have any questions about our ability to perform the surgery by the deadline due to ongoing issues with the pandemic, please call us at 407-742-8000.
By signing below, I am agreeing to the stipulations detailed above. I am agreeing to these stipulations of my own free will and am not under duress nor have I been coerced.
It shall be a violation of the Osceola County Animal Code, Chapter 4, Article 1, Section 4-4 (c), for any animal owner entering into a stipulated agreement to fail to comply, in whole or part, with the provisions of the agreement.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.