|Team position title:||Spanish Language Interpreter|
- cat care module complete
- cat basics complete
- dog care module complete
- dog basics complete
- foster module complete
- guest care module complete
- guest care training complete
- guest care lead designation
- kitten care module complete (recommended)
- permission of department team
- recommendation of staff
- shelter basics complete
- shelter basics module complete
- Knowledge of shelter operations and facility
- Knowledge of shelter staff names and functions
- Willingness to work with individuals and groups
- Public speaking skills
- Fluent in both Spanish and English
- Comfortable speaking both Spanish and English
|Other attributes required|
- at least 18 years of age
- lift 30 - 50 pounds
- not allergic to animals
- not allergic to cleaning products
- walk distances
- work with the public
- writing skills
- share ideas
- organization skills
|Other position details|
The successful interpreter has the ability to answer commonly asked questions about shelter operations
and/or adoptions as the following:
o What is the procedure for adoptions?
o What fees can I expect to pay?
o What is the behavior of the dog and/or cat I am interested in?
o How do surrender my animal?
o How do I get my animal euthanized?
o How do I renew my county tags and/or rabies license?
o How do I look for my lost cat and/or dog?
Selection of the Spanish language interpreter will be made by the volunteer coordinator and other team members.
|Separate application required||no|
|Print position description PDF.||
Download position description pdf.